Thursday, May 16, 2024

Xenia, 2024. on the way.

 Well I'm off. I have a couple of stops to make one just west of Rochester and one in the Buffalo area, and then I'm on my way down to deliver sometime tomorrow near Cambridge Ohio. From there I'll go to the truck stop that I plan on parking at for the weekend. 


I'm actually a little unsure about bringing the truck to the site, especially given the wet weather we are expecting. I don't want to get the truck stuck but the plan at the moment is to bobtail from the truck stop into the site a distance of about 11 miles. 

I'm eternally grateful to my employer for the chance to make this trip happen. The flexibility they've given me over the last several years makes me smile and shake my head quite often. 

I did have to stop by the terminal this morning to get a couple of tires on the trailer replaced. But that worked out, because I needed to stop at the store anyway. I managed that trip while they were working on my rig. 

I'm not making a pickup until about 7:00 on Monday morning so I may be able to run back over to the fairgrounds Sunday morning. We shall see.


No comments: