Sunday, December 31, 2023

K2ENF audio processing, an update

 My suspicion turned out to be correct.
I've found in my experiments that the monitor function isn't as sensitive to ALC over-drive as the transmitter itself is. I've yet to check the schematic, but my operational observations suggest that the monitor taps into the audio that's fed to the modulator. So, in reality, one really has no way to determine where the "ragged edge" of ALC over-drive is. I managed to find that edge in playing with the local SDR's as was recommended to me about a week back, now, here on QRZ.

My results are not spot on what I was after but they're close.... and I'm finding busting pileups to be a lot easier as a result. My audio progress was confirmed to me just today when one of the stations I was working was live streaming on YouTube:

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxJb4v8Ax6LSyDgmUAt_iLYHh-S3wdAQBG?si=dYkv7ypjH74dAzoT


No comments: