Thursday, February 22, 2024

So, about parking a truck at the Dayton Hamfest....

 

I'm planning on attending Dayton this year.

I went year before last, driving my 18 wheel rig. Because I wasn't totally familiar with the neighborhood  and so I ended up picking up truck stop that was about 60 miles out from the fairgrounds. I was fortunate enough to have a friend to come from the fairgrounds out to where I was to pick me up.

I would just as soon avoid that this year if possible. At the same time parking on the grass might not be a good idea with any 80,000 lb gross weight.
 Thus the question, does anyone have knowledge of where I might Park to attend the convention?

 

I plan on coming in Friday night and leaving Sunday morning at some poin.

A bit annoying, that I can't seem to find a reasonable answer to this one. Yes, there's a Wal-mart about 10 min from the place, but they don't allow truck parking anymore.

Hamvention site says:


Large Vehicle Long term parking: Large vehicles will be accommodated on paved parking area in the rear of the parking field. Take Fairground Road to Purcell Avenue then right onto Alameda Drive. Enter Gate 5 and park where directed in the paved parking area.

I hope there's enough
 

No comments: